- 2013 - 86/100: A delicate floral fragrance of Spanish broom comes with a whiff of pear. The vibrant palate offers green apple, citrus and just a hint of bitter almond on the crisp finish.
- 2010 - 86/100: Here’s a focused and sharp Sicilian white that shows bright aromas of citrus, cut grass, kiwi and stone fruit.
- 2008 - 87/100: Here's a brilliant Inzolia that is enhanced by sophisticated aromas of peach cobbler, creamy vanilla and yellow rose. The wine is fragrant and layered with a rich composition and supple texture in the mouth.
- 2007 - 86/100: Taste that bright Sicilian sunshine: this Inzolia delivers ripe notes of exotic fruit, papaya and pineapple. The overall effect is creamy and smooth, making for a well-made wine with good staying power.
Dietro le Case
- 2013 - 87/100: Aromas suggest exotic fruit, yellow flower and a whiff of Mediterranean herb. The linear palate doles out yellow apple, ginger, thyme and a hint of mineral alongside bright acidity.
- 2010 - 87/100: Dietro le Case (“behind the houses”) is a pure expression of Inzolia that opens with a pale hay color and fragrant aromas of melon, apricot and dried flowers. It’s a simple, fresh wine with accents of citrus and honey.
Coste al Vento
- 2013 - 86/100: The nose on this isn’t very expressive but the palate reveals crunchy Bartlett pear and yellow apple, while a hint of sage in the background adds interest. Brisk acidity gives it a zesty finish.
- 2013 - 89/100: Made entirely with Nero d’Avola, this opens with aromas that recall ripe berry, baking spice and crushed wild flower. The bright, savory palate offers raspberry, strawberry, cherry and cinnamon alongside zesty acidity. Delicious and refreshing, it ends on a note of anise.
- 2010 - 86/100: La Bambina is a fresh and easy-drinking Sicilian rosé (made from Nero d’Avola) that opens with a pretty peach-pink color and bright aromas of raspberry, white cherry and cassis. Try it with swordfish carpaccio.
- 2009 - 86/100: There is a sweet element to the nose of this beautiful Sicilian rosé that recalls raspberry and almond marzipan. The wine glides clean over the plate with easy freshness and leaves small berry nuances on the close.
- 2014 - 87/100: The nose is initially shy but eventually reveals aromas of black-skinned berry, blue flower and a whiff of Mediterranean shrub. The straightforward, easygoing palate offers juicy black cherry and a peppery note alongside round tannins. It's made to be drunk young, so enjoy soon.
- 2013 - 87/100: Bright and juicy, this straightforward, savory red delivers aromas and flavors of succulent blackberry, wild cherry, crushed raspberry and hints of cinnamon. Round, soft tannins give it an easy-drinking quality ideal for everyday occasions. Drink soon to capture the fresh fruit.
- 2010 - 86/100: Cantine Barbera presents a classic but simple expression of Nero d’Avola with an easy nose of cherry, raw fruit and white almond skin. The mouthfeel is bright and compact and shows a touch of sour fruit as well.
- 2009 - 87/100: From the beautiful Menfi area of southern Sicily comes this clean and genuine expression of Nero d’Avola featuring bright berry aromas and silky tannins. Pair this wine with roast pork.
- 2008 - 87/100: Fun, simple and highly driven by dark fruit characteristics, this informal expression is a versatile partner to most meat or pasta recipes. The aromas include ripe fruit, blackberry and lots of cherry.
- 2007 - 86/100: Smoky tones of ripe blackberry set the stage and offer sweet, caramel-like flavors along the way. Background aromas include dried herbs and a black olive and the wine ends with a fresh, menthol-like finish.
- 2004 - 87/100: We have high hopes for these two young Sicilian sisters who are enthusiastically carrying out their winemaking dream. Although this unoaked red hits the right spots, there is room for improvement. The aromas are young and sharp with cherry preserves, wet earth and white mushrooms, but the mouthfeel is sticky.
- 2011 - 89/100: Made with 90% Perricone and 10% Nerello Mascalese, this hearty wine delivers aromas of red berry, Mediterranean brush, grilled herb and a menthol note. The palate offers dried cherry, espresso, mocha and peppercorn alongside firm but fine-grained tannins.
- 2007 - 88/100: La Vota is a Cabernet Sauvignon from a hot climate that surprises the palate with its crisp, green aromas. There’s a touch of soya, wasabi, bramble and forest floor. But you’ll also recognize wild berry and toasted almond.
- 2006 - 88/100: La Vota is a surprisingly delicate and feminine wine considering it’s from Sicily and it’s made from hearty Cabernet Sauvignon. Forest fruit and violets emerge on the bouquet and the mouthfeel is silky and firm.
Coda della Foce
- 2010 - 87/100: Aromas of leather, tilled soil, game and earthy whiff of barnyard follow through to the evolved palate along with raisin, baked plum, anise and a touch of mint. a bitter almond note coses the finish.
- 2007 - 88/100: Coda della Foce is a blend of Nero d’Avola, Petit Verdot and Merlot that offers wild berry, forest floor, cola, tobacco and charred almond or chestnut aromas. The wine ends with a silky, clean mouthfeel and a touch of dried herb.
- 2006 - 88/100: Coda della Foce (a blend of Nero d'Avola, Merlot and Petit Verdot that sees 17 months in oak) delivers a sweet nose of cherry fruit, red rose, blueberry and Indian spice. The wine has firm density and raw tannins followed by succulent fruit flavors.
- 2008 - 93/100: Cantine Barbera has produced a beautiful Passito dessert wine that shows feminine harmony and balance. The natural intensity is here: aromas of apricot, honey, candied fruit and almond paste emerge with confidence to the nose. In the mouth, the wine is particularly sweet and smooth.